About MCA's Metal Roofing Certification Program
Certification of metal roofing products is now available through the Metal
Construction Association's Metal Roofing Certification Program. Based on industry
standards published in the Guide Specification for Residential Metal Roofing,
this program offers certification of base metal and finishes. Certification
for painted finishes and uncoated metal is available, and the MCA Certification
Committee anticipates adding certification for aggregate (granular) surfaces
in the future.
The certification program has been developed to promote the widespread use
of appropriate metal roofing products and to increase consumer confidence in
choosing a metal roof.
Benefits of Metal Roofing Certification Program:
- Assuring that correct base metals and exterior paint coatings are selected
for the situation
- Differentiating levels of product quality
- Creating a credible basis for product comparison
- Providing a means of verifying metal roofing performance
Roofing products that meet the certification program criteria may be promoted as
"Metal Construction Association Certified Premium Painted,"
"Metal Construction Association Certified Standard Painted," or
"Metal Construction Association Certified Natural."
Participation in the certification program is available to:
- Paint and coating manufacturers
- Roofing product manufacturers
- Coil processors
- Regional manufacturers/mobile roll formers
For more detailed information on the program, including applications, Memorandum
of Understanding forms, Frequently Asked Questions, and more background, a packet
of information is available from MCA headquarters.