MCA Announces New Metal Architectural Academy
Oct 18, 2021
CHICAGO – Oct. 18, 2021 -- The Metal Construction Association (MCA) announces, the new Metal Architecture Academy in Architectural Record’s Continuing Education Center.
The Academy includes eight courses which provide opportunities to learn about metal walls and roofing as sustainable and flexible solutions for today’s architectural challenges as well as design options that are unique and inspiring.
“The MCA Metal Architecture Academy courses not only show the visual appeal of metal to make the design process fresh and exciting, but also that metal offers safety, longevity, and environmental benefits,” says LeeAnn Slattery, MCA’s market development chair.
The academy is designed to illuminate the array of wall and roof systems available, inspire with award-winning designs, and demonstrate the value of lightweight metal panel technologies to meet and exceed energy codes and provide health, safety and wellness features that elevate the experience of occupants.
The available academy’s courses include:
- “Modern Metal Walls and Roofs: Colorful, Evocative and Innovative, a multi-media showcase for award-winning projects where metal achieved dramatic aesthetics.
- “Protecting the Core of MCM”, a webinar featuring MCA and two architects discussing how variations in metal, thickness and finish work together as a whole performance system to provide visual appeal, wind loading transfer and fire performance.
- “Individual Parts Bring a Greater Whole”, a primer on metal composite material (MCM) which reviews how MCM skins promote sustainability and practicality through a structure’s life cycle, including shielding it from everyday wear and enhanced building durability and health.
- “Show Your Mettle”, a discussion on the versatility of metal as a building material and how its attributes contribute to sustainability and resilience.
- “To Code…and Beyond”, a study of the attributes and benefits of insulated metal panels (IMPs) and how IMPs meet a wide array of aesthetic, performance, and code demands.
- “The Metal Retrofit Revolution”, a review on the energy-generating and saving options available with metal roofing and cladding projects.
- “The Ins and Outs of IMPs”, which explores the continuous insulating qualities, vapor and water protection, one-stop-shop installation, low maintenance, and aesthetics offered by IMP walls and roofing.
- “The ABCs and LCA’s and EPDs” an extensive review of metal roof and cladding industry efforts to perform life cycle assessment (LCA) studies, create environmental product declarations (EPDs), and make this information freely available to the industry.
All courses offer CE credits including 3 AIA LU/HSW and 5 AIA LU/Elective. Those who complete all courses receive a digital badge.
The Metal Architecture Academy and all courses can be reviewed at https://continuingeducation.bnpmedia.com/academies/metal
About the Metal Construction Association
The Metal Construction Association brings together a diverse industry for the purpose of expanding the use of metal in construction through marketing, research, technology and education. Companies involved in MCA gain tremendous benefit from association activities that focus on research, codes and standards, market development, and technical programs. MCA’s market development efforts increase the use of metal materials in construction through the education of the building and design communities about the benefits of metal.
480-584-5700, ext. 206